Tuesday 2 October 2012

Abracadabra, London

 - Unique, but messy.

At the weekend I went to the toilet on a fabergé egg.
There's a sentence I never thought I'd say.

Glitter everywhere.
Which would you choose?
The toilets at the Abracadabra restaurant in London are definitely the most bizarre I've ever come across. There was a different surprise lurking behind every door - both in the ladies and the gents - the highlight definitely being the aforementioned egg.

There are some additional bizarre touches in the toilets, beside the fact that you get to do your business straight into a giant open mouth. On the backs of the doors are miniature screens which give a view of the bar - a bit disconcerting as it makes you wonder if there is a screen at the bar showing the inside of the toilets. 

Unfortunately a couple of cubicles were out of order when we were there, but I heard a rumour that there is a mushroom shaped toilet lurking somewhere.

Highly recommended.

I liked the brass heart shaped sinks a lot.

The gents toilets look far less appealing to me! What were they thinking?!
A bit messy too.


No comments: